Junk Vehicle Information

In 1973 the state legislature passed the Montana Motor Vehicle Recycling and Disposal Act. This innovative law provided a way to clean up junk vehicles from the state’s landscape.

When vehicles are licensed, a fee is included that provides for the collection of junk vehicles. In Stillwater County, when a person wants a junk vehicle hauled away, they can call the Road and Bridge Department, fill out and sign a release form, and the vehicle is hauled to the County vehicle graveyard at no additional charge.

If you have a vehicle ready to be recycled, call the Stillwater County Road and Bridge Department at 322-5335 for information on how to have your car removed for processing.

Visit Laws & Rules Dealing with Abandoned & Junk Vehicles information.